Monday, May 27, 2013

Giants Acquire Rights to Dalton Thrower

Press Release

The Vancouver Giants have acquired the rights to defenseman Dalton Thrower from the Saskatoon Blades for a conditional second-round pick in the 2014 Western Hockey League Bantam Draft.

The 6'0" 195lbs North Vancouver native has played 4 seasons with the Blades, registering 108 points (30 goals, 78 assists) and 433 penalty minutes in 243 regular season WHL games.

Thrower, who was drafted by the Montreal Canadiens 51st overall in the 2012 National Hockey League Entry Draft said, "I wasn't expecting to get traded, but when I heard the news, I was happy because there’s no better organization to have my rights traded to. It was very exciting for me and my family to know that if I was going to play junior hockey again, it would be with the Giants."

"Dalton would be a huge asset to our club this season as he has the ability to quarterback a power play. He's a physical presence and would be an asset to our group," said Giants' Executive Vice President and General Manager Scott Bonner, who also added, "Being a local boy, it would be a great way to finish his junior career and he could really help a younger group like ours."

 (Nathan can be reached at nathanfournier@mainehockeyjournal.com)

No comments: