Thursday, July 10, 2008

Welcome to The World of Junior Hockey

I want to welcome you to The World of Junior Hockey. If you don't know I am Nathan Fournier. I am 20 years old and live in Lewiston, Maine. My goal in life is to become a sports journalist/broadcaster.

How did The World of Junior Hockey start? Well I began writing on my blog on Myspace/Facebook a few years ago. Ten months ago a friend liked what I was writing. He was already writing for a website called MVN.com and asked if I would join. MVN already had a Lewiston Maineiac blog called The Asylum but it was collecting dust. They put me in charge of the Asylum. In December, MVN created a general hockey blog called The NHL Source and took on that to cover Junior Hockey. When no other hockey writer was contributing, I took that on full time also. Since then Chris Wassel who runs The NHL Arena Program has jumped on board.

Through the past ten months, I have received news around junior hockey and had no where to put it. I've used both of the blogs to share the information but thought it needed its own space. That's when I decided to create The World of Junior Hockey.

I hope you enjoy.

Nathan Fournier

(Nathan also is a writer for MVN.com. He's the writer for the Asylum which covers the Lewiston Maineiacs of the QMJHL. He's also a regular contributor to the NHL Source also at MVN.com. He can be reached at fbbhgfan@aol.com)

No comments: