Wednesday, November 17, 2010

RoadRunners' Hill headed to Alaska-Fairbanks

Press Release

The Topeka RoadRunners have announced that forward Michael Hill has committed to the University of Alaska-Fairbanks (CCHA) for next season.

Hill, a 20-year-old from Fort Worth, Texas, ranks fifth in NAHL scoring this season with 29 points (16 goals) through 18 games.

“It wasn't easy and it's a huge relief,” Hill said of his decision to attend UAF. “In the end, it was just like when I chose to return to Topeka (for a second season). They really made me feel wanted and appreciated.

“Now, I can just focus on helping this team reach our collective goals.”

RoadRunners head coach Scott Langer says Hill, the RoadRunners’ captain, is deserving of the opportunity.

"Michael's everyday work ethic is contagious,” praised Langer. “Most people see him for his ability to score goals, but he brings so much more to the ice than that.

“The coaching staff at UAF is well respected and will do a tremendous job in helping Michael grow as a player.”

Hill, who will also participate in next month’s NAHL Top Prospects Tournament, credits his family for providing him support throughout the college decision-making process.

"I've had a lot of big choices to make and they’ve helped me so much,” he said. “I'm grateful to have a strong support system at home."

And he can’t thank the RoadRunners’ coaching staff enough.

"Smacks (Langer) and (assistant coach) R.J. (Enga) are the main reasons I came back to Topeka,” said Hill. “I trusted them to help me advance my career and they did everything they said they would.

“They're the best coaches I've ever played for."

(Nathan can be reached at fourniern@students.nescom.edu)

No comments: