Moose Jaw, SK.--- At a press conference, held at center ice of the new Moose Jaw Downtown Events Centre the Warriors made an exciting announcement. The Moose Jaw Warriors have agreed to terms with the Downtown Events Centre Governance Board for a five (5) year period, beginning in the 2011-2012 Warriors season. The Warriors view the agreement as the foundation for a strong working partnership between their organization and the Downtown Events Centre.
By agreeing to terms, the Warriors will begin to prepare for the move into the new facility in the off season. The process will include a merger of both the downtown and Civic Center into one operation in the new Downtown Events Centre. The team plans to be operating from the new facility in the first part of July.
Warriors President, Chad Taylor feels the agreement will be the basis for a new era of Warriors hockey in Moose Jaw. “We are proud of our renewed partnership with the City of Moose Jaw and the Downtown Events Centre Governance Board. This agreement will allow the Moose Jaw Warriors to compete in the WHL today and in the future,” said President Chad Taylor. “The Hockey Club looks forward to providing the best of entertainment to their fans and our community,” he added.
Some of the key points in the agreement cover:
* Annual rent to the organization will be the greater of $111,600.00 or 10% of gate revenue annually. This is an increase from 2010-11 figures of approx $47,500.
* Warriors entire business operations including main office, souvenir store and box office, along with the hockey operation will now be housed under one roof
* Warriors will represent the sponsorship properties within the hockey arena and public area and stairwell as part of partnership (full details provided in lease agreement)
* Warriors will facilitate the lease of the Corporate Suites in the new facility
* Warriors will manage the box office operations for facility, including all Warriors games, as well as other events taking place in the facility.
* Warriors will continue to provide game night personnel including ticket takers, security, and all other game night staff (excluding Downtown Events Centre employees)
The Warriors are excited to begin the move into the new facility and are busy making preparations for new sponsorship opportunities, fan entertainment and a thrilling 2011/12 hockey season. “We are very excited today to be able to officially sign off on the agreement with the Downtown Events Centre,” said Director of Hockey Operations Corey Nyhagen.
“The agreement itself will allow the Warriors organization to maintain and build on their strong corporate partnerships within and around the city of Moose Jaw as well as allow us to bring a higher calibre of entertainment to our entire fan base during the season,” he added.
(Nathan can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org)
Notes, quotes and anecdotes
9 hours ago