Sunday, June 3, 2012

Haydon, Hiddink, Moran Commit to IceDogs

Press Release

Niagara IceDogs Head Coach and General Manager Marty Williamson announced today that the IceDogs have signed their top three draft picks from the 2012 OHL Priority Selection.

First round picks defenceman Aaron Haydon and forward Brook Hiddink, along with second round pick goaltender Brent Moran all signed Saturday morning as the IceDogs draft picks arrived in St. Catharines for their orientation day.

All three players are thrilled to be joining the IceDogs and made that quite clear on Saturday.

"I'm really excited to be here and be a part of the IceDogs." said Haydon, the IceDogs first pick "The ownership and the community here in Niagara are second to none and it makes it an exciting place for me to sign. We are striving for a Memorial Cup and I want to be a part of that."

"I'm proud and excited to be signing with a team like Niagara" said St. Thomas native, and IceDogs second first round pick Hiddink, "This is a day I have been working towards since day one of my hockey career. I look forward to getting things started with the IceDogs and I want to be a part of bring a Memorial Cup to Niagara."

"I am very happy to be joining the Niagara IceDogs organization." a thrilled Moran said, "My family and I have always stated that education was going to be a huge part of any decision I make. After the draft we visited the Niagara area and saw the team play, which was very exciting, and as well took a lot of time to look at the two universities in the area. Brock University has one of the top Sport Management programs in the country which is a program that has always really appealed to me and with McMaster University having a great Engineering program, something that also interests me and was a big part of my decision."

While the draft picks were all excited to sign, Williamson was also excited to have them signed.

"It's great to have all three of our top picks sign today." said Williamson "We were excited on draft day to be able to draft all three of these young men and now to have them all signed we are extremely happy. Aaron, Brook and Brent will all be a big part of our future and thrilled to have them all in IceDogs uniforms for the years to come."


The IceDogs would like to welcome all three of the newest IceDogs signees to the organization and we look forward to seeing them on the ice in the coming months!

(Nathan can be reached at fourniern@students.nescom.edu)

No comments: