Friday, March 22, 2013

David not to Return as Assistant Coach

Press Release

 Sydney – The Cape Breton Screaming Eagles announced today that assistant coach Jean Francois David will not return next season.

“I had a great experience in Cape Breton, but would like to be closer to my family.  I would like to thank the organization and the fans; I will always remember my time in Cape Breton.”

David, a native of Blainville, Quebec, was hired by the Screaming Eagles prior to the 2012 QMJHL entry draft.  Before accepting the position with the Screaming Eagles, he played hockey in Europe.  His playing career included 5 years in the QMJHL and 9 seasons of professional hockey including stints in the AHL, ECHL, CHL, UHL, and Europe.

Screaming Eagles General Manager and Head Coach Marc-Andre Dumont will now begin the task of hiring a replacement.

 (Nathan can be reached at nathanfournier@mainehockeyjournal.com)

No comments: