Friday, March 22, 2013

SCHOOLS TO ALABAMA-HUNTSVILLE

Press Release 

West Springfield, MA- The Springfield Pics are proud to announce that Captain Wade Schools has committed to Alabama-Huntsville for next fall. The 1992-born native of Enfield, CT, was an EJHL all-star this season and posted 13 points while appearing in 44 league games. The 6’3’’ 215-pound shutdown defenseman will join a chargers program as they embark on their first season as members of the WCHA.

“I am very excited to have the opportunity to play in the WCHA for the UAH Chargers. It has always been a dream of mine to play Division I hockey. I look forward to starting my future with the Chargers and I am looking forward to my new challenges. I would like to thank Coach Tabb and Coach Daniels and Coach Smith for all their time and effort in developing me as a player and person. I would also like to thank my family for all their support over the years. I would like to thank my team mates for pushing me in practice making me a better player,” said Wade Schools.

“We would like to congratulate Wade and his family on this accomplishment. He worked his way through our program from Midgets to Empire to captaining our EJ squad and earning a NCAA Division One athletic scholarship. The loyalty that Wade and his family showed throughout the development process was a major factor in this accomplishment. They stuck to a plan both on and off the ice as Wade grew as a person and player. His work ethic combined with his physical presence, skill set, and a great team guy Wade will have an impact at the next level.  We look forward to watching him over the course of his career,” stated GM/Head Coach Patrick Tabb.  

(Nathan can be reached at nathanfournier@mainehockeyjournal.com)

No comments: