Friday, December 13, 2013

Bretzman Notre Dame bound

Press Release

Langley, BC - Langley Rivermen defenceman Tony Bretzman has announced his commitment to play for the University of Notre Dame.

The 19-year old native of Mendota Heights, Minnesota had several NCAA Division I schools to choose from but at the end of the day Bretzman felt the best fit for his future was to join the Fighting Irish.

"I really felt comfortable when I visited there," said Bretzman.

"It was right for me academically, socially, and athletically with hockey.  I'm glad with my decision, I couldn't be happier, and I'm really excited."

Through 33 games as a rookie with the Rivermen, Bretzman has put up 2 goals and 11 assists while playing critical minutes in all situations. 

"I'm really excited for Tony.  He's had plenty of decent opportunities but it came down to Notre Dame for him and I think it ends up being a great fit," said Rivermen Head Coach and General Manager Bobby Henderson.

"It covers just about everything he was looking for and obviously they have a storied program there and he's excited about it, and we're excited about it for him."  

 (Nathan can be reached at nathanfournier@mainehockeyjournal.com)

No comments: