Sunday, March 22, 2009

My Bracket

First of all I did a story on Matt McNeely on getting an invite to the NTDP camp.

Alright to my bracket.

Northeast Regional

1. Boston University vs. 4. Ohio St.

Winner: BU

This is a tough first round match up for the number one team. I will still take the Terriers.

2. North Dakota vs. 3. New Hampshire

Winner: UND

I will take North Dakota even though its a home game for the Wildcats

1. Boston University vs. 2. North Dakota

Winner: Boston University

East Regional

1. Michigan vs. 4. Air Force

Winner: Michigan

Another tough first round match up for a one seed.

2. Vermont vs. 3. Yale

Winner: Yale

I don't like how Vermont is playing and Yale has the home ice advantage.

1. Michigan vs. 3. Yale

Winner: Michigan

West Regional

1. Denver vs. 4. Miami (OH)

Winner: Denver

Denver Will have their hands full with Miami

2. Minnesota-Duluth vs. 3. Princeton

Winner: Minnesota Duluth

Duluth has been getting the goaltending lately.

1. Denver vs. 2. Minnesota Duluth

Winner: Denver

I think Denver finds away and redeems the WCHA final loss.

Mist West Regional

1. Notre Dame vs. 4. Bemidji State

Winner: Notre Dame

2. Northeastern vs. 3. Cornell

Winner: Cornell

I think Cornell finds away to pull it out. Northeastern wonderful season comes to an end.

1. Notre Dame vs. 3. Cornell

Winner: Cornell

Cornell I think will be this year's Cinderella.

Frozen Four

1. Boston University vs. 1. Michigan

Winner: Boston University

BU has the best line and great goaltending.

1. Denver vs. 3. Cornell

Winner: Denver

Cornell's run comes to an end.

National Championship

1. Boston University vs. 1. Denver

Winner: Boston University by a score of 3-2

BU has been the best team for most of the year and I can't see them losing now. Anything can happen though and that's why they play the game.


That's My Take

(Nathan also is a writer for Maineiacs Post to Post and the Maine Hockey Journal. He can be reached at fourniern@students.nescom.edu)

No comments: