Saturday, January 14, 2012

Williams a Black Bear

Press Release

My Maine Hockey Journal Story


Hooksett, NH – New Hampshire Junior Monarchs’ left defenseman Kyle Williams, a native of Bowdoinham, Maine, has committed to the University of Maine Black Bears for the 2012-13 season. After posting 3-10-13 line last year in 36 games, he currently has 4-8-12 in 28 games played so far this season.

“I’m very excited to have the opportunity to play for Coach Whitehead and the University of Maine next fall. It’s truly an honor to be a part of such a great college hockey program with its unparalleled history and tradition,” the Maine native said.

The smooth skating, puck moving defenseman has greatly improved his overall game under Head Coach Sean Tremblay and is one of their key cogs on the backend this year.

“I want to thank Coach Tremblay and the whole Monarchs organization for believing in me and giving me every opportunity to pursue my dream of playing Division I college hockey,” Kyle continued, “his unwavering support and guidance the last two years has been invaluable.” Kyle becomes the eighth Division I collegiate commitment from the Monarchs this season and the third to the Black Bears.

Kyle added, “I’d also like to thank my family for allowing me to do what I love and for always being there for me through thick and thin. I love you all.”

(Nathan can be reached at fourniern@students.nescom.edu)

No comments: