Friday, March 2, 2012

Warriors captain French lands ticket to Bentley

Press Release

Max French is on his way to the NCAA.

The Warriors Captain has committed to attend university and play Division I hockey at Bentley University starting in the fall of 2013.

“I’m very excited to be able to go down to Bentley in the 2013 year and join a couple of past Warriors” says the 19 year-old. “It’s going to be a great opportunity.”

At Bentley, French will join former Warriors Alex Grieve and Matt Maher, who are both currently in their rookie seasons stateside, as well as Tyler Krause (now with AJHL Okotoks) who begins his freshman season this coming fall.

“They have a very prestigious business program down there” French says, “and after hearing what the guys had to say about it, I just figured that was the right fit for me and my family.

The West Kelowna native will play his 20 year-old season in the BCHL, and says he’s still eager to lead the Warriors into the 2012-13 campaign.

“I think the number one goal is to come back here and win a championship with the Warriors” French stresses, adding “I think we’ve got a great team coming back and I think it’s going to be an outstanding year.

(Nathan can be reached at fourniern@students.nescom.edu)

No comments: