Tuesday, December 21, 2010

BUTLER TO UMASS-LOWELL

Press Release

Marlboro, MA- Junior Bruins defenseman Alec Butler has committed to the UMASS-Lowell River Hawks and will begin playing for coach Blaise MacDonald at the start of the second semester.

Butler, a strong defensive defenseman in his second season with the Bruins, had two goals and two assists in 27 games this season. He contributed a goal and six assists in 31 games last season in addition to manning the blue line.

“It happened really fast,” said Butler. “I was looking at colleges for next year and my dad got a voice mail from another school. Coach [Peter] Masters then called Lowell for me and they came to look at me at the Huskies Showcase. They needed a defenseman right away and made me an offer. I’m very excited to go to Lowell and play in Hockey East and I’m looking forward to helping the team.”

Butler will be the third Junior Bruins alum on the roster, joining Derek Arnold and Joe Pendenza.

Congratulations to the Alec, the Butler family, and the Junior Bruins.

(Nathan can be reached at fourniern@students.nescom.edu)

No comments: