The 2011 Semi-Annual Meeting of the Alberta Junior Hockey League Board of Governors was held in Red Deer, Alberta on January 14th & 15th. The two-day meeting concluded as the League embarks on the final half of the 2010-2011 season and draws nearer to the 2011 RBC Cup National Junior A Championship in Camrose, Alberta.
A brief summary of the discussions and decisions approved at the 2011 AJHL Semi-Annual Meeting are as follows:
* Attendance across the Alberta Junior Hockey League in the 2010-2011 AJHL Regular Season remains consistent with the 2009-2010 Season, as the League is on target to once again entertain over 350,000 fans.
* The Friends of Alberta Junior Hockey Society will be announcing the 2011 scholarship recipients in February. Scholarships will be presented to recipients at their respective home arenas throughout the last month of the AJHL season.
* The AJHL will hold the 5th Annual AJHL Showcase Weekend in the 2011-2012 Season. A location and exact dates for the 2011 AJHL Showcase will be announced following the 2011 AJHL Enerflex Cup Playoffs.
* The 2011 AJHL Enerflex Cup Playoffs will commence on February 24th in the South Division and February 25th in the North Division.
* The Alberta Junior Hockey League will crown Divisional Champions in the 2011 AJHL Enerflex Cup Playoffs. Each division will playoff to determine a divisional champion at the conclusion of Round Three in the AJHL Playoffs. The North Division Champion and the South Division Champion will then compete in the League Final for the AJHL Enerflex Cup.
* The AJHL accepted the resignation of long-time League Treasurer, Dan Wourms, as he will be relocating to Penticton, BC. The AJHL is grateful for the dedication and contributions Dan Wourms has made to the League over the past 10 years.
* League President Craig T. Cripps received a two-year contract extension effective June 2011. Cripps has served as AJHL President since May 2006 and will lead the AJHL through to the celebration of its upcoming 50th anniversary in 2013.
* The 2011 AJHL Annual General Meeting will be held in Red Deer, Alberta on May 13th & 14th. The event will include the 2011-2012 League Scheduling Meeting, AJHL Marketing Seminar, AJHL Coaches Meetings, and the Annual General Meeting of the Board of Governors.
(Nathan can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org)
Game 26: Los Angeles vs Carolina
2 hours ago