Thursday, January 5, 2012

ROYALS’ DEFENCEMAN JESSE PAULS ANNOUNCES RETIREMENT

Press Release

Victoria, BC – The Victoria Royals announce today that defenceman Jesse Pauls has retired from hockey. The Chilliwack, BC native informed Royals’ General Manager and Head Coach Marc Habscheid on Wednesday morning of his decision.

“I am very disappointed that I have to retire from hockey at this point in my career,” Pauls said. “I want to thank my family, the Victoria Royals and the Western Hockey League for the support they have shown me and for allowing me the opportunity to compete at this level.”

The Chilliwack, BC native began his WHL career with the Chilliwack Bruins in 2009, recording five assists in 13 games played during his rookie season. He went on to play 21 games for the Bruins during the 2010-2011 season, where he registered 14 points (1G+13A) in 21 games played. This season as a member of the Royals, Pauls had 12 points (3G+9A) in 26 games.

(Nathan can be reached at fourniern@students.nescom.edu)

No comments: