Saturday, January 7, 2012

Sevalrud Soon a Sea Wolf

Press Release

The Spruce Grove Saints are pleased to announce that 20 year old defenseman Austin Sevalrud has committed to the University of Alaska Anchorage. Since coming to the Saints in the off-season Sevalrud has tallied two goals and added 11 assists in 29 games. The steadfast defenseman has played 139 games through two and a half seasons in the AJHL and is looking forward to joining the Sea Wolves for the 2012/2013 season.

"I am very excited to soon be a part of the Sea Wolves program as it is a great organization with a great coaching staff," exclaims Sevalrud. "I am grateful to have this opportunity next year as it has been a long road to get to where I am today. I would like to thank the Saints organization and coaching staff for developing me and promoting me as a player. Also I would like to thank my family for the support during my hockey career."

"Austin is a cornerstone piece to our team," exclaims Head Coach and General Manager Jason Mckee. "He has excellent leadership qualities that visibly separates him from young players his age. Austin takes a team first approach to everything he does and the tenacity he plays with on the ice allows him to play important minutes for our hockey team."

(Nathan can be reached at fourniern@students.nescom.edu)

No comments: