The Canadian Junior Hockey League (CJHL) announced today its Weekly Top 20 rankings in conjunction with NHL Central Scouting. Last week’s rankings and the leagues in which the teams belong to are in parenthesis.
From a BCHL perspective, the Powell River Kings moved up a spot to second, the Penticton Vees broke into the rankings at 17th from no ranking last week while the Surrey Eagles earned honourable mention for taking five of a possible six points on their Interior road trip.
The CJHL Weekly Top 20 as of Monday, December 6, 2010
1. (1) Spruce Grove Saints (AJHL)
2. (3) Powell River Kings (BCHL)
3. (4) Pembroke Lumber Kings (CJHL)
4. (2) Newmarket Hurricanes (OJHL)
5. (7) Wellington Dukes (OJHL)
6. (5) Woodstock Slammers (MHL)
7. (6) Cornwall Colts (CJHL)
8. (15) Fort McMurray Oil Barons (AJHL)
9. (8) Bonnyville Pontiacs (AJHL)
10. (9) Burlington Cougars (OJHL)
11. (13) Yorkton Terriers (SJHL)
12. (10) Brockville Braves (CJHL)
13. (11) Markham Waxers (OJHL)
14. (12) Soo Thunderbirds (NOJHL)
15. (HM) Okotoks Oilers (AJHL)
16. (NR) Selkirk Steelers (MJHL)
17. (NR) Penticton Vees (BCHL)
18. (NR) La Ronge Ice Wolves (SJHL)
19. (NR) Fort Frances Lakers (SIJHL)
20. (20) Les Cougars de Sherbrooke (LHJAAAQ)
Honorable mention goes to the Surrey Eagles (BCHL), Grande Prairie Storm (AJHL), Swan Valley Stampeders (MJHL), Georgetown Raiders (OJHL), and the Yarmouth Jr. ‘A’ Mariners (MHL).
The rankings are based upon a variety of factors which includes the league in which the teams belong to, their winning percentage, their win-loss record, total points accumulated, their goals-for versus goals-against ratio, amongst other factors.
The CJHL is an amalgamation of the ten Junior A hockey leagues from across Canada. More information on the CJHL can be found by clicking on the league website. www.cjhlhockey.com
(Nathan can be reached at email@example.com)
2/12 Recap: Petersen, Kasdorf stay sharp
2 hours ago