The Nanaimo Clippers are pleased to announce that Chad Brownlee will open the 2013 Crescent Point Energy Western Canada Cup.
Brownlee, a former Vernon Viper, Vancouver Canucks draft pick and 2011 Canadian Country Music Awards Rising Star winner, will take the stage at the Beban Social Center Friday, April 26 following the WCC Opening Ceremonies.
Clippers head coach Mike Vandekamp was behind the Vernon Vipers bench during Brownlee's BCHL playing days and has kept in touch over the years. "I had the opportunity to call Chad and speak with him about attending our event," said Vandekamp. "He is looking forward to coming back to his hockey roots as a musician. He recognized right away the magnitude of this inaugural event and is very excited to be part of it."
Brownlee will be joined by local band Braeden Marshal, Father and Sons Rock Trio.
Pre-Sale Tickets for WCC Full Tournament Pass holders are ONLY $30 plus tax and will be on sale beginning Thursday, December 6 at 11a.m. Public Sale tickets will be released Tuesday, December 11 and will be $40 plus tax available online www.nanaimoclippers.com
ALL TICKETS available by phone (250-751-0593) or at the Nanaimo Clippers Office at Beban House (2290 Bowen Road).
Notes on Chad Brownlee
- Vernon Vipers defenceman 2001-2003
- 2002: (lost in BCHL Final to Chilliwack)
- 2003: (Won BCHL, lost in Doyle to Camrose)
- Career 113 GP-14G-28A-125PIMS
- Drafted by Vancouver Canucks 6th round, 109th overall
- NCAA Minnesota State - Mankato 2003-2007
- Idaho Steelheads, ECHL 2007-2008
- NCAA Hockey Humanitarian award for his song 'The Hero I See.' The song, written in memory of a boy who lost his battle with leukemia, raised thousands of dollars for the Anthony Ford Foundation which helps underprivileged kids play hockey
- 2011 CCMA Horizon Award Winner
- 2012 CCMA Male Artist of the Year Nominee
- Just completed the SOLD OUT Boys of Fall Tour with Dallas Smith.
(Nathan can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org)