Saturday, December 22, 2012

Richard Commits to Penn State University

Press Release

Dylan Richard has committed to attend Penn State University to play for the Nittany Lions as they make the move to NCAA Div 1 next season.  Dylan is in his 3rd season with the Saints and leads his team in overall points.  The veteran center has 33 points (17g, 16a) in 31 games played this season. 

Since his rookie season with the Saints Dylan has been an offensive threat amassing 101points in 127 career games.  Richard also represented the Saints and Team Canada West at the 2012 World Jr. A Challenge this past November where he earned a Silver medal. Richard was in his rookie season when the Saints won their second AJHL Championship and hoping to lead his team to a third before taking the step to Division 1 college hockey.

"It's very exciting for me to head into the Big 10 next year!" exclaims Richard. "I very much appreciate all the work and help from the Saints coaching staff and what they have taught me. I really want to step in next season and make an immediate impact as a freshman. I'd like to help take the Lions as far as possible as the program enters the first year of full Division 1 competition!  I would really like to thank my friends and family especially my parents for helping me throughout the whole process."

"Dylan is a complete 2 way player." says Head Coach Jason McKee.  "He is reliable in all three zones, and I am confident that Dylan will be a welcome addition to the Nittany Lions next season."

(Nathan can be reached at nathanfournier@mainehockeyjournal.com)

No comments: