Tuesday, August 10, 2010

WOLF PACK'S DiNICOLA COMMITS TO YALE

Press Release

Nick DiNicola, a standout forward from Wolcott, Connecticut and veteran of the Hartford Junior Wolf Pack's Development Youth program has committed to Yale. Nick will play for Coach Chris Cerrella, and Hartford's Junior "A" Squad for the 2010-11 Season.

"The Junior Wolfpack organization is very proud of Nick and his accomplishments at such a young age. To be able to go to a place like Yale, graduate and play hockey is something special. He has a lot of work to do on the ice and off the ice but he is determined to do well. We wish him and his family the best of luck and it is a great day for his family and for our organization," said Chris Cerrella.

"Its not surprising to me. Nick is a tremendous player and the Wolf Pack organization just continue to develop strong college and Pro players," stated League President, Glenn Hefferan.

DiNicola has spent the last three seasons playing in the prestigious Atlantic Youth Hockey League, the northeast's premier USA Hockey sanctioned "AAA" League.

NICK SAYS:

"It is like a dream come true. I have always wanted to play Division I hockey and now it is a reality. I have a lot of hard work ahead of me and I know it won't be easy. I know I will be prepared because of the great coaching staff around me this season. I am very excited about this opportunity and can't wait to be a bulldog. It is a very prestigious school and I am glad to be a part of it all.

"I owe my family for doing so much to keep me on the ice and being supportive. I would like to thank Coach Cerrella for working this hard to get me a great opportunity so quickly. I also would like to thank Coach McCarthy and Coach Crawford for giving me this great opportunity to play for their program. I can not thank the Jr. Wolfpack enough and they don't know how much me and my family appreciate it all. It is a great feeling to say I am apart of the Jr. Wolfpack organization and to say I will be a Yale Bulldog one day," said Nick DiNicola

(Nathan can be reached at fourniern@students.nescom.edu)

No comments: