Monday, November 28, 2011

Press Release

Kingston, MA- The Bay State Breakers are proud to announce that 6’4”, 215-pound, right-shot defenseman Ori Abramson has committed to play for the Providence College Friars next season.

“Ori has tremendous potential which has placed him on the 2012 NHL Draft ‘players to watch’ list. Ori is a committed player on the ice and in the weight room, as his work ethic is what will make him succesful,” stated Bay State Breakers Head Coach David McCauley.

“I was fortunate enough to have received offers from a few schools but I had been in contact with Coach Leaman for over a year and have been impressed with the success he brought in his previous head coaching job and I know that he will enjoy the same success with Providence and its great hockey history and tradition. I look forward to the opportunity to learn from him and to play in Hockey East,” stated Abramson.

Abramson went on to say, “I have to give a great thank you to Coach David McCauley of Bay State who has been an invaluable source of knowledge and inspiration to me as I try to achieve my hockey goals.”

“We are excited as an organization for Ori to be able to take the next step in his hockey development. A place like Providence College will assist him in making that jump to the professional level,” added McCauley.

Ori is the son of Anita and Lanny Abramson of Toronto, Ont., Canada.

(Nathan can be reached at fourniern@students.nescom.edu)

No comments: