Thursday, December 6, 2012

MELE TO UCONN

Press Release


Springfield, MA- The Springfield Pics are proud to announce that forward Daniel Mele has committed to the University of Connecticut for next fall. The 1993 born Pics’ assistant captain is a native of Buffalo, NY. In 23 league games, Mele has posted 16 goals 14 assists for 30 points.  

“I am thrilled to have the opportunity to continue my hockey career at UConn. It has always been my goal to play Division 1 college hockey for a respected program such as UConn and I am very excited for my future there. Along with that, the change from Atlantic Hockey to Hockey East makes this an exciting time for the program and I can’t wait to be a part of the team’s progression,” commented Mele.

“I would like that thank all my family, especially my dad, who has supported me all through my career and was behind me every step of the way. I also want to thank my teammates, past and present, for always pushing me to be my best. Lastly, I have to thank Coach Tabb, Coach Daniels and Coach Smith for all their help and support over these past few seasons and I couldn’t have done it without them,” he continued.

“We would like to congratulate Dan and his family on this accomplishment. He has a great skill set with game changing speed, and a heavy shot. Dan has done everything we have asked of him since day one with us and now is rewarded for his efforts on and off the ice. We couldn’t be happier for Dan and his family,” stated GM/Coach Patrick Tabb.


 (Nathan can be reached at nathanfournier@mainehockeyjournal.com)

No comments: