Monday, February 25, 2013

Dartmouth Strikes Again! Quin Foreman Commits

Press Release

The Advantage is ecstatic to announce that 1996 forward Quin Foreman has committed to the Dartmouth College Big Green for 2015/16.  Foreman will be the 4th Advantage player to suit up for Dartmouth joining current Dartmouth freshman Connor Dempsey and future players Kyle Nickerson and recent commit Ben DiMaio.

"I visited with Coach Gaudet, Coach Peters and Coach Rose yesterday on campus.  I had a great feeling about everything their program is about, enjoyed the tour and understand the importance of the education I am going to receive while playing Division I hockey" noted Quin.  "It was a no brainer for me and my family.  I'm pumped!"

Foreman finished 9th in overall scoring in the Tier 1 Elite Hockey League regular season.  He is in his 7th year with Lovell's Hockey and has been with the Advantage U14s and Midget Minors for the past 4 years.  Quin has good vision, strong skill set, good playmaking ability, a knack for scoring and is slippery out of the corners for a big kid out there. 

Tim Lovell is "extremely happy for Quin and Tracy.  I have known them for years and I couldn't be more proud and excited."  He went on to say "Quin has terrific skill set and a knack for scoring and making plays in close.  Once he figures his skating out, which he absolutely will, he will be a very good well rounded player that will be a great addition to a program like Dartmouth."

"I owe Tim, Joe Lovell, Joe Bracken and Jimmy Russo a ton.  Jimmy has been a good coaching resource for me and Tim and both Joes have been there through a great deal and have been instrumental in the player I am now and the player I want to become.  I can't thank them enough for their coaching, mentorship and friendship." 

Congratulations to Quin and his family!!!!

 (Nathan can be reached at nathanfournier@mainehockeyjournal.com)

No comments: