Sunday, November 15, 2009

Ryan Benitez has committed to Princeton

Press Release

Long Beach, NY – The New York Apple Core Junior Program is proud to announce that goaltender Ryan Benitez has committed to play for Princeton University in 2011.

Benitez, a ’90 birth year from Denver, becomes the 16th Ivy League commitment in the prestigious history of the New York Apple Core.

"I would like to thank the Apple Core coaching staff, my teammates and my family who have made this a possibility for me and I look forward to a productive second half of the season with Apple Core,” said Benitez.

In 8 appearances this season, he holds a record of 3-3-1 with 1 shutout and a 3.25 GAA and a .913 save percentage. Last month he earned Defensive Player of the Week honors after his 42 save performance vs. the CD Selects.

“Princeton combines a top-notch hockey program with an excellent academic reputation and I am very excited to be a part of it,” Benitez added. “I can’t wait for the first time I can pull on the Princeton jersey and continue my hockey career at such an esteemed institution.”

The New York Apple Core Junior Program would like to congratulate Ryan and the Benitez family on this great achievement.

(Nathan also is a writer for Maineiacs Post to Post and the Maine Hockey Journal. He can be reached at fourniern@students.nescom.edu)

No comments: