Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Colbary Commits to Rivermen

Press Release

 The Langley Rivermen Junior “A” Hockey club is pleased to announce the commitment of forward Curtis Colbary (1995 born) to the team for next season. Colbary is from Cobourg, Ontario and played last season at Gilmour Academy which is a part of the Midwest Prep Hockey League. In 13 games Colbary put up 7 goals and 4 assists.

“I really liked what the coaching staff of the Rivermen had to say about the program,” said Colbary who is in Boston taking part in the National College Development Camp this week. “By all accounts the Rivermen organization is well respected and they do a fantastic job at moving players on to the next level, which really excites me.”

Colbary’s size is something that jumps off the page right away. At 6’2”, 210 pounds he describes himself more than just a power forward.

“When I get the puck I like to find open ice and make plays. I am an offensive minded player that likes to contribute in any way possible whether that is scoring goals or setting up teammates. I just want to help the team win any way I can,” Colbary continued.

Rivermen Head Coach and General Manager Bobby Henderson has been following Colbary very closely and believes he brings a lot of different dimensions to the roster.

“Curtis moves well for a big guy and brings that package of grit and skill to our line-up. He is a tough guy to knock off the puck and I believe his line mates will enjoy playing with him as he is capable of creating space with his size,” Henderson said. “We are excited to have him on board with us next season and expect him to come in and compete hard every day.”

Colbary has done his research on both the Rivermen and the BCHL and was impressed with what he gathered. As a player that wants to move on to the collegiate route it was an easy decision to come to Langley.

“I am just like any player in the BCHL and that is someone who wants to move on to the next level. I want to become a college hockey player one day and in order to accomplish that I have to be as consistent as possible with the Rivermen and put my time in and work hard. I am looking forward to my rookie season and I hope I can come in and be an impact player,” Colbary finished.

 (Nathan can be reached at nathanfournier@mainehockeyjournal.com)

No comments: