Thursday, July 25, 2013

Miller Steps Aside as Broadcaster

Press Release

The Vernon Vipers would like to announce a re-structure within the organization.  Long time broadcaster and Business Operations Director Todd Miller is stepping down as broadcaster for the coming season but will continue to serve as the club’s Assistant General Manager and Alternate Governor.

Miller will turn his focus more to the overall business operation of the club on a day to day basis as well as continuing his current duties.  Todd has been with the Vipers since August 2003 and has called play by play in the BCHL since 1998.

“This was not an easy decision for me however one that I felt I needed to make.  With so many different things happening this coming season and so much focus on the club I believed it was time for me to really concentrate on some of those other items.”

“Duncan Wray has been very good through this process and I look forward to continuing my work with the hockey club.  I always enjoyed the broadcasts and will miss my time in the booth but with a young family at home this decision makes sense for me right now.  I would again like to thank Duncan and the Vipers for this opportunity and I look forward to the coming season.”

The Vernon Vipers are now accepting applications for the position of broadcaster.  Resumes and demos can be e-mailed to todd@vipers.bc.ca

 (Nathan can be reached at nathanfournier@mainehockeyjournal.com)

No comments: