Thursday, October 28, 2010

Cartier Commits to Robert Morris

Press Release

The Canmore Eagles are very pleased to announce that Sylvan Lake native Cody Cartier has committed to join the Robert Morris Colonials, of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).

"We are very pleased for Cody and his family, for the opportunity to play Division I Hockey, he has worked extremely hard to obtain this and the entire organization is very proud of Cody and his success," said Eagles' Coach and GM Andrew Milne.

Currently Cody sits 8th in AJHL scoring with 6 goals and 12 assists in just 13 games, last season Cody averaged a point a game while also playing for the Eagles.

"It has been a goal of mine to play Division I hockey for a long time; I am really excited about the opportunity at Robert Morris. I want to thank the entire Canmore Eagles organization; my teammates along with my family for helping me achieve this," said Cody when asked how he feels to be given this opportunity.

"Cody is a very hard working individual and very deserving of this opportunity, we are looking forward to working with Cody for the remainder of the season and making sure he is prepared to play in the NCAA next season," Milne states.

(Nathan can be reached at fourniern@students.nescom.edu)

No comments: