Thursday, February 17, 2011

Bulls' Beckman decides on Holy Cross

Press Release

The Amarillo Bulls have announced that defenseman Karl Beckman has committed to Holy Cross (Atlantic Hockey) for the 2012-13 season.

Beckman, a 19-year-old from Okemos, Mich., has two goals and 12 assists through 41 games this season. He leads all North American Hockey League (NAHL) defensemen with a plus-25 rating.

“It’s a great achievement for Karl and the Amarillo Bulls hockey team,” said Bulls head coach Dennis Williams. “He’s been an absolute terrific player who keeps improving every time out.

“Karl strives to get better every single day. His hard work has paid off this season, and Holy Cross is not only getting a great hockey player, but an even better person.”

Beckman, who returned from a visit earlier this week from Holy Cross, which is located in Worcester, Mass., said the tour helped him with the final decision.

“I loved the campus and the school was just fantastic,” Beckman said. “I'm really excited at this opportunity that they've presented me. I can’t wait to get started out there.”

Beckman also thanked the Bulls coaching staff, along with his Midget coach, Dean Dixon, who mentored Beckman as a member of the North American Prospects Hockey League’s (NAPHL) Lansing Capitals.

“He pushed me to junior hockey,” said Beckman. “He’s really helped me along the way.

“I want to also thank my family for their support and being there to further my hockey career.”

(Nathan can be reached at fourniern@students.nescom.edu)

No comments: