Friday, February 18, 2011

Megannety Marks Selects' 100th NCAA Commitment

Press Release

Megannety has 15 Goals and 21 Assists through 50 games with the Georgetown Raiders of the OJHL. Patrick also was an integral part of the Major Midget (U18) Mississauga Reps team that won a silver at the Telus Cup (Canadian national championships) last season. The team went 62-11-6 on the year. Pat lead his team in scoring at the Provincial championships where they won a gold medal.

Patrick is excited to get his collegiate career started, “I am thrilled to commit to Clarkson University and to play hockey for the Golden Knights starting in the fall of 2012

After visiting the school, meeting the coaches and seeing a game at Cheel arena, I knew Clarkson would be a great fit for me. My family and I have only heard very positive things about Clarkson’s hockey program and business school and it was obvious to me when we visited that it was a great opportunity for me from both a hockey and academic perspective.

"Playing for the East Coast Selects and East Coast Selects - New England 93 teams was a tremendous experience since I had the opportunity to play with and against some of the best prospects in North America and Europe and also had the privilege and opportunity to travel and play hockey in Sweden, Finland and Russia.
The ECS coaches were always fantastic and the competition was excellent. We also had the opportunity to meet some great people and make some terrific friendships along the way. I will be always be greatful to Travis Howe, Travis Bezio and Joe Templin for their coaching and support over the years.


(Nathan can be reached at fourniern@students.nescom.edu)

No comments: