Thursday, February 24, 2011

Kyle Nickerson Commits to Dartmouth

Press Release

We are excited to announce that Midget Major centermen Kyle Nickerson has committed to Dartmouth College for the Fall of 2013.

Kyle, who is a '93 smooth skating smart playmaking center with a strong skill set, came to the Advantage last year to play on the first Midget Minor team. This year Kyle has taken his developement to the next level with the Midget Major team.

Kyle shared; "I am thrilled to have this opportunity to play Division I hockey at Dartmouth. I saw my cousin Ben play there and know how much Nick likes it. I'm pumped to follow them to Dartmouth. Getting the chance to be a student-athlete at Dartmouth is a dream come true."

"Kyle came to our summer development program through Lovell's Hockey two summers ago" noted Joe Lovell. "He had some serious potential. We asked him to play that summer for what was the upcoming fall season for the first Midget Minor team. We are thrilled he said yes. He was great last year for that team and terrific this year for the Major team"

Kyle will join fellow Lovell's Hockey & Boston Advantage player, Connor Dempsey, at Dartmouth in either 2013 or 2014.

"Joe Lovell, Tim Lovell, Jeff Connolly and Joe Bracken have been terrific mentors and hockey guys for me. They have pushed me to develop my skating, skill set and hockey intelligence. I'm not sure I would have had this opportunity without coming over to the Advantage. They put us all in a position to succeed and work hard for all of us to get a ton of exposure. Playing in the Tier I Elite Hockey League has helped me so much."

In 60gp to date Kyle has 18g 43a. "Kyle is going to be a good solid everyday college hockey player in a couple of years. He is a good smooth skater, has a level of craftiness unique to only him and has a nice skill set." Joe Lovell continued, "He is a terrific kid and we are all happy for him and his family. His family has huge ties to Dartmouth so its a great all around story."

Kyle had visited Dartmouth and a few other ECAC schools in the recent past. His 2 goals & 1 assist performance on Sunday night at the Showcase was the deciding factor for the Dartmouth staff.

(Nathan can be reached at fourniern@students.nescom.edu)

No comments: