Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Alberni Valley's Mitchell to join RIT Tigers next season

Press Release

The Alberni Valley Bulldogs would like to announce that forward Josh Mitchell has committed to the Division I hockey program at the Rochester Insitute of Technology.

"Josh is a great kid that has worked his way up the lineup over the course of the last three seasons with the Bulldogs," said head coach and assistant director of hockey operations Paul Esdale. "He has proved to be a premier player in this league and we are very excited and proud for him and his family."

Mitchell led the Bulldogs in scoring last season and has 12 points in 13 games on the current campaign.

"I would like to thank the entire organization of the Bulldogs especially the coaching staff and (academic advisor) Tom McEvay," said Mitchell. "l also would like to thank the Okanagan Hockey Academy, my parents, my billets and the entire community of Port Alberni for supporting me throughout my hockey career.

"I am excited for the opportunity that RIT has given me and look forward to finishing out the year with the Bulldogs," .

The RIT Tigers play in the Atlantic Hockey Conference of the NCAA. Mitchell will suit up for the Tigers in the 2012-2013 season.

(Nathan can be reached at fourniern@students.nescom.edu)

No comments: