Thursday, November 10, 2011

Huysmans To Attend Alaska-Fairbanks

Press Release

The Spruce Grove Saints are pleased to announce that 20 year old Forward Nolan Huysmans has committed to the University of Alaska-Fairbanks for the 2012-2013 season. Nolan has amassed 97 points (47-50-97) in 120 games played between the Grande Prairie Storm, Okotoks Oilers and Spruce Grove Saints. Huysmans came to the Saints in a transaction earlier this season and since has made an immediate impact to the Saints line-up contributing 6 goals and 3 assists in 9 games played.

"I am very excited as I have heard nothing but good things about the program," exclaims Huysmans. "I look forward to continuing my hockey career while attaining a post secondary education. I would like to thank my parents for all of their support, as well as the Saints organization for helping me to the next step."

"Nolan is a high-octane power forward who has tremendous offensive abilities," commends Saints Head Coach Jason Mckee. "He has the ability to change the outcome of a game in a variety of ways. Nolan is a hardworking dedicated student athlete who is very deserving of the opportunity to join the Nanooks in Fairbanks. We look forward to Nolan's continued contribution throughout the 2011/2012 season."

(Nathan can be reached at fourniern@students.nescom.edu)

No comments: