Sunday, June 30, 2013

Crossthwaite Joins Riverman

Press Release

The Langley Rivermen Junior “A” Hockey club has announced a trade with the Blind River Beavers of the Northern Ontario Junior Hockey League. The Rivermen have acquired goaltender Brock Crossthwaite (1994 born) in exchange for future considerations.

Crossthwaite hails from Kanata, Ontario and played in 16 games for Blind River last season and amassed a record of 6-9 with a 3.86 goal against average to go along with a .905 save percentage. Crossthwaite brings a lot of Junior “A” experience to the Rivermen as he has played the last two seasons split between the CCHL and the NOJHL.

“I am very excited for this new opportunity in Langley. I really liked what I have heard about the organization and I am looking forward to advancing my career in the BCHL. From what I see the Rivermen is a team on the rise and I am glad to be a part of it,” said Crossthwaite.

At 6 foot 3, 190 pounds, Crossthwaite takes up a good portion of the net and describes himself as a goaltender that does not give up,

“I like to battle and compete hard every time I am in the net. I know I am a bigger goaltender and try to use my size as an advantage as much as I can, but at the same time I feel I am athletic,” Crossthwaite continued.
Rivermen Assistant Coach Kurt Astle agrees how Crossthwaite describes himself and is looking forward to having him next year,

“Brock has proven to be a competitor that constantly works on his game. Over the past few seasons he has had impressive numbers and has shown the ability to steal games and we feel the experience he brings is huge for us,” Astle said.

Crossthwaite has been to the city of Langley before and even played on Langley Events Centre ice. He was one of two goaltenders for Team East at the CJHL Prospects game that took place at the LEC in November 2011. Crossthwaite noted how impressed he was with the city and the facility here in Langley.

As for team expectations, the ‘Men’s newest acquisition made it clear he wants to win the Fred Page Cup and wants to be a part of a team that wins on a consistent basis. As for personal goals, he not only wants to advance his career to the N.C.A.A. Ranks, but push for ice time as well,

“I am a friendly person and I have no problem with a little friendly competition and I am sure James (Barr) and I will get along just fine. At the end of the day I just want to win and I will try and help the team in any way I can,” Crossthwaite finished.

 (Nathan can be reached at nathanfournier@mainehockeyjournal.com)

No comments: