KENT, June 27, 2013 — The
Seattle Thunderbirds are pleased to announce the return of our
FAN-tastic Summer Photo Challenge beginning Friday, June 28. Going
somewhere exotic, warm, cold, scenic, mountainous, tropical, or historic
this summer? Take the T-Birds with you as you travel the world or even
while you’re relaxing in your own backyard. Photograph your favorite
destinations and/or summer activities while wearing T-Birds gear to earn
the chance to win tickets to a home preseason Thunderbirds game.
the fourth consecutive year the T-Birds are encouraging fans to send
the team photos of them wearing T-Birds jerseys, hats and t-shirts
during their summer travels and adventures. Fans can also submit photos
of T-Birds promotional items, such as bobbleheads or Cool Bird plush
toys, in unique locales or situations.
T-Birds have made submitting entries easier than ever this year. Fans
can tweet or email photos to the T-Birds, which will then be judged in
the 13 different challenge categories. The T-Birds will award two
tickets to the home preseason game against the Everett Silvertips on
Saturday, September 14, at ShoWare Center to each fan that submits the
best photo in the 13 categories. Don’t forget to use your imagination!
The 13 categories for 2013 are:
- Best of Washington: WA has more than apples to offer, show us your favorite spots
- Furthest From ShoWare Center: (or most jet lag) - measured in miles
- Fan on an Island: surrounded by water and T-Birds gear
- Most Famous Person In Photo: celebrities welcome
- T-Birds at your Job: for those of you without summer vacation plans or time
- Most T-Bird Merchandise/Apparel In A Photo: suit up & show off your T-Bird spirit
- Fan at the Highest Elevation: climbing a mountain or skydiving…take us with!
- T-Birds Animal Kingdom: a pet or animal in T-Birds gear
- Find Cool Bird & Street Team: track down Cool Bird & Street Team at local events
- Ultimate Sports Fan:T-Birds fan in T-Bird gear taking in another sporting event
- Musical T-Birds: At a concert or playing the instrument yourself
- T-Birds Family Photo: gather the entire family for this T-Birds Family photo
- World Landmarks: photograph a famous landmark while in your T-Bird gear
To submit a photo via Twitter, fans should tweet their photo to @SeattleTbirds using the hash tag #FANtasticPhoto13. To submit a photo via email, simply send the photo to the T-Birds at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When submitting photos fans should try
to include the names of all persons in the picture, when the photo was
taken, where the photo was taken, what category the photo is being
submitted in and any other information pertinent to the photo.
T-Birds will post photos at the end of each week on their website and
Facebook Fan page for fans and participants to keep an eye on the
challenge as it is happening.
of each category will be determined by the T-Birds office staff. The
T-Birds office staff will take into consideration input made by fans on
each photo after it is posted to a 2013 FAN-tastic Summer Photo Challenge Facebook photo gallery.
T-Birds will also put together a video slide show of all photo
submissions from the summer that will run during one of the
intermissions of the T-Birds home opener at ShoWare Center.
View the video of the photos submitted in summer of 2012
View Facebook Photo Gallery of 2012 Summer Photo submissions
(Nathan can be reached at email@example.com)
Playoffs Game Day: Game 3 at Chicoutimi
1 hour ago