Sunday, February 21, 2010

BUDNICK TO UCONN

Press Release

Springfield, MA- The Springfield Pics are proud to announce that forward Joe Budnick has committed to University of Connecticut for the fall of 2011. The Glasonbury, CT, native currently leads the Pics in scoring, in 37 EJHL games played he has 42 points on 14 goals 28 assists.

"Growing up I always watched UConn sports and now to be a part of it is a dream come true," said Budnick.

"We are proud of Joe and the way he has played for the Pics organization. We know he has a bright future ahead of him at UConn, and we look forward to his continued development," commented Coach Tabb.

"I would like to thank the Springfield Pics coaching staff, especially Coach Tabb, for their tireless work of helping me get into the best school possible and my entire family for everything they have done and their support over the years. I would also like to thank the Uconn coaching staff for giving me the opportunity to play Division I hockey at such an elite program," Budnick remarked.

(Nathan also is a writer for Maineiacs Post to Post and the Maine Hockey Journal. He can be reached at fourniern@students.nescom.edu)

No comments: