Sunday, February 21, 2010

COSENTINO TO LEAVE APPLE CORE AT SEASON'S END

Press Release

Long Beach, NY - It was announced today that Chris Cosentino has decided to step down as head coach of the New York Apple Core EJHL team at season's end.

"I would like to thank Mr. Santini, the Santini family, Henry Lazar and the entire Apple Core organization for their continued support over the years," said Cosentino. "My ten seasons as both a player and coach have left me with so many unforgettable memories and for that I am forever grateful."

Cosentino, currently in his second season as Apple Core's Jr. ‘A' head coach, has led the team to their best start in over 5 years. Prior to taking over as EJHL head coach, the 27-year-old spent three seasons as head coach of the Apple Core Jr. ‘B' Empire team and one season as the assistant coach of the Empire ‘Core.

It has not been made clear on what Cosentino's next move will be, but he has indicated that he intends to stay involved in coaching.

"Right now all I am thinking about is dedicating my time and efforts to my players and team," said Cosentino. "I wanted to give the Apple Core organization enough time to find the right replacement before tryout season begins, but I am 100% committed to leading this team for the remainder of this season."

Apple Core will begin the search for Cosentino's replacement immediately.

(Nathan also is a writer for Maineiacs Post to Post and the Maine Hockey Journal. He can be reached at fourniern@students.nescom.edu)

No comments: