The North American Hockey League (NAHL) is proud to announce the return and continuation of the Bantam Tournament Series (BTS), for the 2013-14 season. The BTS brings together Tier I 14U teams from across North America to compete in cooperation with select North American Prospects Hockey League (NAPHL) events.
“The inaugural season of the BTS proved to be very successful and we are looking forward to continuing it in 2013-14,” said NAHL Commissioner Mark Frankenfeld. “It gave the teams that competed at the event and in conjunction with our highly scouted NAPHL event a chance to see what our product is about in terms of competition and exposure. The BTS will prove to be a very important part of the evolution of the NAPHL and the development of those players.”
2013-14 BTS Event Schedule
October 18-20, 2013 – San Jose, California
December 6-8, 2013 – Blaine, Minnesota
December 27-30, 2013 – Dallas, Texas
The NAPHL is composed of Midget Major (18U) and Midget Minor (16U) teams that compete at the Tier I level. Celebrating its fifth season in 2013-14, the NAPHL has established itself as a premier training ground for development and exposure. NAPHL events are strategically placed across the country and designed to maximize exposure by providing an organized and competitive experience that attracts an unrivaled scouting presence from college and junior scouts.
In 2013-14, there will be three BTS events, each of which will feature the following:
• Guaranteed scouting presence from NAHL teams.
• Events coordinated and operated by the experienced and professional staff of the NAHL.
• Real-time statistics and game tracking provided by Pointstreak.
• Live online video broadcast of every game by FASTHockey, official broadcast provider to the NAHL.
• All events will be sanctioned by USA Hockey.
The application deadline is July 1, 2013. The tournament fee is $1,500 per team, per event, and is due with application.
• Four-game guarantee for each event.
• Once a club is accepted as a member of the BTS, the fee is non-refundable.
• Any teams not accepted will have their application fee returned.
The NAHL also uses its extensive marketing and media reach to promote the BTS, its programs and players through the league’s official Web site, NAHL.com and NAPHL.com, equipment supplier programs and award sponsors.
(Nathan can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org)