The MJHL’s annual general meeting was staged recently in Portage. Coming out of that meeting were a number of initiatives aimed at enhancing the league.
The league announced that the annual Old Dutch MJHL Showcase will be held at the MTS Iceplex during the dates of October 3-5 with a total of 11 games being played.
The Board of Governors approved the formation of a league Discipline Committee. The committee will be responsible for investigating and assessing on-ice incidents that require review and for making decisions as to the sanctions to be levied. The committee members will not be affiliated with any team in the league. Previously, the Commissioner fulfilled this function.
- Board Chairman – Dale Hughesman, Selkirk Steelers
- Board Vice Chairman – Trent Ward, Portage Terriers
- Officiating Committee – Trent Ward, Portage Terriers and Don Betke, Waywayseecappo Wolverines
- Safety Committee – Zacc Moore, OCN Blizzard and Bob Berry, Virden Oil Capitals
- Management & Finance Committee – Frank Hechter, Winnipeg Blues; Randy Daley, Dauphin Kings; Warren Clark, Swan Valley Stampeders; Dale Hughesman, Selkirk Steelers and Gaynor Vivian, Neepawa Natives
- Competition Committee - Warren Clark, Swan Valley Stampeders; Zacc Moore, OCN Blizzard; Cam Cornelsen, Winkler Flyers; Grant Lazaruk, Steinbach Pistons; Paul Dyck, Steinbach Pistons; Ryan Smith, Selkirk Steelers; Troy Leslie, Virden Oil Capitals and Barry Butler, Waywayseecappo Wolverines.
- The league announced the following Officer appointments:
- Statistician – Reid Cutler
- Director of Officials – Jody Wielgosh
- Assignor of Officials – Ian Heather
- Media Relations Officer – Brian Smiley
- Social Media Coordinator – Mitchell Clinton
- Director, Partnership Services – Trevor Kennerd
(Nathan can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org)