Sunday, July 1, 2012

Nolte to Captain Saints in 2012-2013

Press Release

Tim Nolte will be entering his 4th season as a Spruce Grove Saint. In his time with the team he has been to the league finals 3 times, hoisted the Enerflex Cup twice and worked his way from a checking rookie to an invaluable leader.

Q: Tim why do you think the Saints coaching staff chose you as Captain of the Saints for the upcoming season?

A: Even though I started out in a checking role my first year I tried to make the most of the situations I was put in and just played my game to the best of my ability. I believe my work ethic and will to win helped gain the trust of the Saints coaching staff.

Q:What have you learned from previous captains during your tenure with the Saints?

A: Play to your strengths, even though you are given the "C" you don't have to change your play or try to be something you're not. You still need every guy on your team to have success.

Q: What do you feel your strengths are as a leader?

A: I'll never give up. I never want to lose, my compete level is high and I will do whatever it takes to win.

Q: Heading into the season as a younger squad what do you feel is the most important part to leading younger players?

A: What it means to be a Saint- we expect to win every game. There are no nights off and we practise as hard as we play.

Q: What are your expectations for the upcoming season?

A: Just like every year we want the Enerflex Cup and a chance at the RBC Cup in May.

(Nathan can be reached at fourniern@students.nescom.edu)

No comments: