Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Bulls tender forward Jesse MacIntyre

Press Release

The Amarillo Bulls success at winning hockey games and moving players on to the NCAA are what attracted forward Jesse MacIntyre to the organization.

The Bulls announced today that they have tendered MacIntyre, a native of Waterford, Michigan, for the 2014-15 season. MacIntyre is currently playing for the Philly Little Flyers of the Eastern Hockey League, coached by former Bulls' Assistant Coach Rocky Russo. The speedy forward leads the team in goals with 11 and second on the team in points with 17.

 “The Bulls are the top team that I wanted to come to and I feel honored to be able to have the opportunity to join such a great organization,” MacIntyre said. “I know the Bulls have had a lot of success the past three years and moving players on to the NCAA. That’s the reason why I picked the Bulls. I am ready to give them all I have and help them win another Robertson Cup.”

Amarillo Bulls Head Coach Dennis Williams said the organization is excited to lock up the first tender with MacIntyre.

“He’s having a great year for the Philly Little Flyers and after talking to Coach Russo about him, made it an easy decision for us,” said Williams. “We had Jesse on our radar last year when he played for Honeybaked (Under 18 team) with Mitchell Vanderburgh. To see the strides he made over the summer and the season he is having now is fantastic.

“I had a great conversation with Jesse and his Mom and Dad, and they are as excited, as we are, to be part of the Amarillo Bulls for next season.”

Williams said MacIntyre will continue to work hard during the season and be ready to join the Bulls next year.

“We are fortunate to recruit high end prospects like Jesse,” he said. “He made it clear that he wants to come here and be a Division I hockey player. We’re going to do all we can to prepare him for the next level.

“Jesse won’t be satisfied to just sign a tender now, but wants to continue to work hard and be a leader in Philadelphia.  Next year, when he shows up to training camp he’ll be ready to go and compete for our hockey team.”

MacIntyre said he understands that he needs to get stronger with his game.

“My quickness is there and the coaches here are confident that I can play in the NAHL,” he said. “The coaches have been pushing me really hard in the weight room and making my game even stronger.  My line mate Oleg Potemkin is giving me some advice of what I have to work on for the next level.”

Little Flyers Head Coach Rocky Russo said MacIntyre will fit well with the Bulls and their system.

“He’s a very hard working two-way forward who plays well in the defensive zone,” said Russo. “He skates very well and currently leads our team in goal scoring. He’s got a nose for the net and a quick release. When I had the opportunity to bring Jesse to Philadelphia and get his feet wet at the junior hockey level, I jumped at it right away. Jesse came in ready since day one and is one of our top players.”

 (Nathan can be reached at nathanfournier@mainehockeyjournal.com)

No comments: