Monday, March 24, 2014

All good things must come to an end

As you may have noticed, I haven't updated this blog in a week. Two things for that

1. Last week I was busy covering the NCAA Division III men's hockey Championships which were held in Lewiston this past weekend for USCHO and the Sun Journal. I didn't want to over work myself. 

2. I have decided to shutdown this blog after this post for a couple a reasons. This winter with my freelancing duties with USCHO covering the MASCAC and ECAC Northeast DIII conferences and covering Maine High School Hockey for Hockey Night in Boston it was a lot of time commitment, but I enjoyed writing for them.

Updating this blog felt like it was becoming a job and that's what this blog wasn't intended to be a job.

This spring I hope I can find other freelance work maybe covering college baseball or lacrosse.

I also want to spend more of free time this spring and summer enjoying other things I enjoy like golfing.

 I still enjoy junior hockey but at the same time I have decided I just want to keep my focus on writing original content whether its for The Sun Journal, Maine Hockey Journal, USCHO, Hockey Night in Boston or any other freelance gig I may get.

I want to to thank all of you for reading this blog, you guys kept me going. I want to thank everyone who gave me tips in the nearly six years of doing this. I met a lot of great people doing this and hope to keep interacting with everyone on Twitter (my handle is jrhockeywriter).

If you have any questions you can tweet me or shoot me an email at nathanfournier@mainehockeyjournal.com.

Again Thank you.

Nathan Fournier

 (Nathan can be reached at nathanfournier@mainehockeyjournal.com)

No comments: