Wednesday, October 19, 2011

PARISI TO PROVIDENCE

Press Release

Hooksett, NH– The New Hampshire Jr. Monarchs are pleased to announce Thomas Parisi has accepted a scholarship offer to Providence College for the fall of 2012. The 6’0’, 195 pound left-shot defensemen has been one of the most coveted players in the east since beginning the season with the Monarchs. In just 8 games he has posted a 2-6-8 line and has pushed the power play to nearly 25%.

“I am very excited for the opportunity to be part of something great at Providence College, “ stated Parisi. “Head Coach Nate Leaman, along with coaches Jamie Russel and Ben Barr all made me feel comfortable and excited about the changes taking place and I look forward to being a Friar. I also cannot thank the Monarchs organization and Coach Tremblay enough for giving me this opportunity. In just a short time it is amazing how much I have learned under him and feel he is a great coach and mentor.”

GM/Head Coach Sean Tremblay offered, “Thomas is obviously a great player, but he is also a great young man and I am honored for him to be a part of our Monarchs Family. He has great edges and a phenomenal stick. Taking over the reins of our power play is no simple task following in the footsteps of a Brian Dumoulin (BC) and Trevor van Riemsdyk (UNH), but he has really done a great job. I have no doubt he will be an impact player with his work ethic and talent.”

Born July 15, 1993, the Commack, New York, native ended with, “I would just like to say thank you to all my past coaches and especially my family for supporting me and making my dream become a reality.” Thomas is the son of Tom and Tracey Parisi.

(Nathan can be reached at fourniern@students.nescom.edu)

No comments: