Thursday, November 7, 2013

New Jersey’s Ritt commits to Denver University

Press Release

Wayne, NJ - The Jersey Hitmen are proud to announce that forward, Evan Ritt, has committed to Denver University. Ritt will join the Pioneers, members of the newly formed NCHC, effective immediately and will join the team for their second semester this season.

“I am extremely happy for Evan,” commented Hitmen head coach, Toby Harris. “Evan took a ‘leap of faith’ coming out east, to the newly formed USPHL, in lieu of finishing off his junior career out west. That calculated move paid immediate dividends.” Harris continued, “it is the first time in my six seasons as head coach of the Hitmen that this has happened, and we blessed the move. After speaking with coach Montgomery last night, Evan and I spoke, and we both knew that this opportunity was one that he could not pass up. Evan has worked hard for this, done everything that we asked of him here in Jersey, and are excited to watch him help Denver win the inaugural NCHC championship this year!”

Ritt, added a veteran feel to the Hitmen locker room. A very good skater, that was great on draws, killed penalties, Ritt will bring speed, work ethic and a good brand of cerebral hockey to the Denver team.

“Words can not explain how happy I am to be committing to Denver,” said an elated Ritt. “It is a childhood dream attained! I can not thank my family, friends, coaches and everyone who supported my venture enough.”

Ritt then elaborated on his time out east, in the USPHL and with the Hitmen.

“I really learned a lot in the 3 months that I was with the Hitmen. I learned a lot about ‘my’ game. I experienced, through the vigorous Hitmen off ice training, that I had a ways to go in my conditioning and training. Their program really helped me.” Ritt continued, “I learned that even when I was not producing at the level which I wanted, that there was a spot in the line up for me, because I was excelling in other areas of the game.”

“My Hitmen experience was awesome. The attention to detail, the fast paced practices, the culture and the off ice training, altogether have made me a better player. I now know that I am ready for division one hockey and I am so excited to begin my journey at Denver.”

Ritt finished with, “I would like to say ‘thank you’ to all my Hitmen teammates, the coaching staff, especially coach Harris for recruiting me the way he did and following through on his promises, and the ownership. Now go win a USPHL championship….212!”

Ritt becomes the fifth Hitmen player to commit to an NCAA division one school this season and the first to commit to an NCHC team.

(Nathan can be reached at nathanfournier@mainehockeyjournal.com)

No comments: