Friday, September 21, 2012

Gerry Green new Moncton's Play by Play broadcaster

Press Release

Moncton, NB – The Moncton Wildcats have announced that Gerry Green will take over as the new play by play broadcaster on news 91.9 this season. 

Gerry was with the team from 2006-2008 and covered the team on Rogers TV during eh playoff run in 2009-2010. He has previously worked as a broadcaster for the Saint John Sea dogs in their inaugural season as well as for the Miramichi Timberwolves in the Maritime Junior A League. 

“I am very excited to be back I missed while I was gone.” Gerry said about his return “I am excited about the prospects for this season and the talent that has been pooled together, I expect this will be a long season. Hockey is in my blood and I am excited to be behind the mic again with the Wildcats.” 

Every Wildcats game is broadcast on News 91.9. The season starts tonight in Charlottetown against the Rocket at 7PM. The Wildcats home opener is next week, Friday September 28th vs. Cape Breton with the puck drop at 7PM. Ticket go on sale Monday at the Coliseum box office or online.


 (Nathan can be reached at nathanfournier@mainehockeyjournal.com)

No comments: