Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Rivermen announce pair of new recruits

Press Release

Zac Masson and Matthew Graham are both enrolled at the prestigious St. Andrew's College in Greater Toronto and have committed to play for the Langley Rivermen next year.  Under the guidance of Head Coach David Manning and his staff with the varsity hockey team, both have helped propel St. Andrew's to first place in both the Midwest Prep Hockey League and CISAA standings.

The 6'2" 192 pound native of Newmarket, Ontario is described as an aggressive, speedy two-way forward.

"I am a proud honour roll student athlete with a goal of playing college hockey," said the 17-year old.

"As a key step in my development, I am thrilled to get the opportunity to play with the Langley Rivermen next season, a team with an excellent reputation and a leader in the BCHL.  I will be proud to represent the team and I'm looking forward to making a strong contribution to the Rivermen's success."

Graham hails from Bedford, Nova Scotia and currently sits tied for second in points in the MPHL.  The 6'0" 183 pound 18-year old describes himself as a skilled forward with a strong hockey IQ.

"My goal this year was to sign with a BCHL team and Langley was at the top of my list," said Graham.

"Given Langley's first class facilities and success, I am extremely excited to sign with the team.  I can't wait to get started with the Rivermen."

The Rivermen wish both Zac and Matthew good luck with the rest of their season with the Saints and look forward to seeing them in Langley in the coming months.

(Nathan can be reached at nathanfournier@mainehockeyjournal.com)

No comments: