Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Jets forward Hoglund makes NCAA DI commitment

Press Release

The Janesville Jets, proud members of the North American Hockey League (NAHL), are pleased to announce that forward Robin Hoglund has made a commitment to play NCAA Division I hockey for University of Minnesota of the Big Ten Conference

Hoglund (6’3/205), is 19-years-old and calls Moindal, Sweden home.  This season, he appeared in 45 games and has scored 18 goals and had 17 assists for 35 points for the Jets.

“We are very proud of Robin  because this commitment is a result of all the hard work he put in on and off of the ice. Robin pushes himself on and off the ice become a better player everyday,” said Janesville head coach Joe Dibble. “Also to have him commit to  a hockey institution like the University of Minnesota makes this a great achievement for him.'

Hoglund played as a part of the North team at last week's NAHL Top Prospects Tournament and the University of Minnesota was one of dozens of NCAA Division I schools in attendance.

“I’m extremely excited about the opportunity I’ve been given to play hockey for the gophers” says Hoglund. “ I believe that they have the best program out there and I really believe I can excel as a hockey player to my full potential in a school like that.” “I came to the U.S. with one goal and that was to play college hockey at the highest level possible and I absolutely found it” according to Hoglund.

“I would like to thank the people that have made this possible” stated Hoglund. The Janesville Jets and all the coaches I’ve played been playing for, my situation in Janesville has been really great with my billet family and roommate.” “But obviously this would not even be possible without my family home in Sweden” says Hoglund. “I cannot thank them enough for everything they have done for me, Thank You.”

Hoglund is the Seventh player on the current 2013-14 Jets roster to have secured an NCAA Division I commitment, joining Kyle Patava (Army), Nick Petrella (Holy Cross) , Jesse Junttila (Northern Michigan), and Austin Priebe (Air Force), Mike Louria (U-Mass Lowell), and Jordan Himley(Air Force).

 (Nathan can be reached at nathanfournier@mainehockeyjournal.com)

No comments: