Thursday, February 16, 2012

Alex Iafallo Commits to University of Minnesota-Duluth

Press Release

Fargo Force forward Alex Iafallo has committed to play college hockey at University of Minnesota-Duluth for the 2013-14 season.

Iafallo, a forward from Eden, NY, is currently the fifth leading scorer on the Fargo Force with 11 goals and 7 assists for 18 points in 40 games played. The left-winger has been playing on a line with Gabe Guertler and Dave Gust since the start of the season, which has seen drastic improvement throughout the year becoming one of the top lines for the Fargo Force. Iafallo’s 11 goals are good for third best on the team in scoring behind Austin Farley (24 goals) and Bryn Chyzk (22 goals).

“I feel like UMD is the perfect fit for me between the hockey program, coaches, school and location. It reminds me of home in Buffalo. In my gut, I feel like I belong there,” said Iafallo on Thursday. “I have developed a strong relationship with the coaches at UMD throughout the recruiting process and am excited to finally say I will be a Bulldog.”

Iafallo’s commitment is the third in less than two weeks for the Fargo Force. There are now ten players with Division 1 college commitments. Iafallo will be joining two current Fargo Force players at UMD, Willie Corrin and Austin Farley as well as former forward, Keegan Flaherty (2008-09).

(Nathan can be reached at fourniern@students.nescom.edu)

No comments: