Thursday, September 22, 2011

Cents name returning forward Evan Stack captain

Press Release

The Merritt Centennials are pleased to announce their captain for the 2011-12 season. Wearing the “C” will be second-year BCHL veteran forward Evan Stack.

“Evan established himself as a valuable leader in our room mid-way through last season, “said Cents head coach and general manager Luke Pierce. “His play in the playoffs was outstanding as he elevated his game to another level.

“He was chosen by his teammates to be our next captain and as a coaching staff we couldn’t have made a better choice,” Pierce continued. “Evan is a very respectful and passionate young man who will help continue the tradition of our ethos both on and off the ice."

"It’s an honor to be voted by your teammates into this position; we have a lot of leaders on this team and there are many other guys who are deserving of this role,” said Stack. “I know that being a captain is a big responsibility and I hope that I can live up to the expectations by leading on and off the ice, and I am excited to face the challenge.”

“I can't think of a better place to play junior hockey than Merritt, it is an awesome community with great people and fans and I am thankful to be here,” Stack continued. “I look forward to a successful season and want to thank my teammates and coaching staff for this opportunity."

Forward Stephen Wall and defencemen Billy Marshall and Richard Sabourin will serve as Centennials’ assistant captains this season.

(Nathan can be reached at fourniern@students.nescom.edu)

No comments: