Tuesday, September 27, 2011

CRUICE COMMITS TO UNION

Press Release

Foxboro, MA- South Shore Kings forward, Nick Cruice has committed to Union College for the 2013 season. The 6'0-195lbs '92 forward played for Mercer and Comcast growing up. Cruice also played at LaSalle HS in the Philadelphia area where he won two Pennsylvania state titles.

Cruice originally played in the EJHL for the Philadelphia Revolution in 2009-2010 season, then moved on to South Shore where he has put up very good numbers during his time with the Kings. With the Kings last season, Cruice posted 18 goals and 34 assists in 44 games during the regular season and 5 points (2 goals, 3 assists) in 5 games in the playoffs.

Cruice uses his size and tenacity to combine to be an excellent 2 way power forward and contributes in all aspects of the Kings game; even-strength, power play and shorthanded units.

"Achieving a Division 1 commitment has been a goal of mine since I have been playing ice hockey," said Cruice. "I have had tremendous coaching throughout the development of my playing career to date. I owe a special thanks to my coaches along the way, both in club, as well as high school hockey- Coach Barcless, Coach Muehlbronner, Coach Beach - and especially Coach Harlow."

Coming to the South Shore Kings organization has proven to be the catalyst to this commitment.

"I have really enjoyed my time in Foxboro and playing for Coach Harlow. Learning from Coach Harlow and having the chance to play in this up tempo, fast paced system has taken my game to the next level. In addition, the off-ice program is unmatched in the league with strength and conditioning Coach Brian McDonough," he stated.

"I am excited about the opportunity to play for Coach Bennett and the Union College Dutchmen. Cruice also commented, "The support from my parents and my brother Derek has allowed me the opportunity to fulfill my dreams."

(Nathan can be reached at fourniern@students.nescom.edu)

No comments: