Friday, September 16, 2011

SilverBacks select Knowles to wear the 'C' this season

Press Release

Heading into his third full season with the club and coming off a breakout season that saw him score 30 goals before leading the BCHL in playoff scoring, Brett Knowles has been named captain of the Salmon Arm SilverBacks.

The Vanderhoof, B.C. native dons the 'C' for coach Colin O'Hara's club after David Killip did last year and Bobby Lipsett the season before that.

"Colin told me actually when I first got here so in August I found out," said the 20-year-old. "I was hoping I'd get it but there's lots of good returning guys so it's a privlege to have it for sure.

"It's exciting to have this responsibility and it's a unique opportunity for me."

Knowles, a 5-foot-11, 180 pound forward, scored 58 points in 57 games a season ago to go along with 58 penalty minutes. He led all BCHL playoff scorers with 23 points which included 14 assists.

Last April, he was also invited to play for a BCHL select club that went to Russia for an invitaitonal tournament.

(Nathan can be reached at fourniern@students.nescom.edu)

No comments: