The Director of Player Safety of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League,
Raymond Bolduc, suspended today Simon Desbiens of the Sherbrooke Phoenix
for 4 games. The decision was taken following an incident that occurred
on September 20 against the Blainville-Boisbriand Armada. Here is the
rationale that led to the decision:
· The player at fault was backchecking at a high speed.
· His opponent, trying to bypass a defenseman, fell on his knees.
· The player at fault continued towards him to hit him.
· He made no effort to minimize the impact.
· His opponent was in a vulnerable position and couldn’t see him coming.
· He was injured on the play.
Even though the player at fault connected with his opponent touching
him with his hip, the shoulder to head impact was violent.
· It was a check to the head, blindside, towards a player in a vulnerable position.
· This was the first offense for the player at fault.
Director of Player Safety took this decision after having viewed videos
of the incident, considered the officials report, spoken to the players
and organizations involved and after consulting the Advisory Committee
for disciplinary action.
(Nathan can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org)
December 7: Bus Texts with Stothers
4 hours ago